Monday, August 10, 2026

Spoken Word Poetry: The curse of not choosing you

You haunt me not only in my dreams

But your shadow follows me even on the newly released songs of a band I just heard the name for the first time


No


Even on the songs of my favorite band I knew since high school


I

Can't 

Unheard

You

In

Them


The meaningless now shouts in my face saying look at me

That even the phrases I read in the novel I hold in my hands remind me of you


No


Even on the memes I see on the internet undoubtedly scream your wholeness


I

Can't

Unseen

You

In

Them


Not only I am haunted by the life that could have been with you

But that every time I cry, your image will always follow as if you are comforting my brokenness


No


Even when I'm in my happiest I think of you and hoping you too are in your joyous state


I

Can't

Help

But

Pray

For

You


You made me question my sanity yet now I know what I can be capable of

That I sometimes stay away from books, music, and arts for they only gravitate me more to the thoughts of you


No


Even when I am alone and sitting with silence, you will be the whispers I can't run from


I

Can't

Untie

Your

Being

From

Me


This is the curse of not choosing you


No


This is the gift of knowing you because part of me is so grateful


That

I

Can

Always

And

Forever

Write

About

You

No comments:

Post a Comment